Re: Praxian religion

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 16:51:39 +0100 (BST)

Peter Metcalfe:
> Genert's Garden: Realm of the Great Spirit Genert
> TR p145

Gregged again; didn't even register this one at the time.

> >The Praxian "animists" (who do, however, have a large streak of theism
> >in their practice, I think it's fair to say)
>
> Which parts of Praxian religious practice strikes you as theistic?

Most especially, the Paps and the Storm Bull practices (both of which could have been explained as Genert's Garden holdovers, but now...). The whole "totemic spirit cult" thing seems to me to be some distance from "core animism", however, though in terms of "animist" keyword writeups, it's just about the majority these days.