Re: Praxian religion

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 09:20:29 -0700 (PDT)

Alex Ferguson responds to Peter Metcalfe:
> > Which parts of Praxian religious practice
> > strikes you as theistic?
>
> Most especially, the Paps and the Storm Bull
> practices (both of which could have been
> explained as Genert's Garden holdovers,
> but now...).

I'd bet that many of the minor "spirits" worshipped in the Paps are actually theistic entities that are subject to misapplied animistic worship. That would explain their weakness. I wonder what would happen if you injected a theistic worshipper into the Paps.

I don't think you can generalize about Praxian religion from observations about the Storm Bull. He is the defiant god and his animist worshippers rub shoulders with Urox's theistic worshippers.

Chris Lemens

Terrorist Attacks on U.S. - How can you help? Donate cash, emergency relief information http://dailynews.yahoo.com/fc/US/Emergency_Information/