Divine identities

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 15:39:39 -0700 (PDT)

Peter has disclaimed any intent concerning about any equivalences between theist and otherwise, so this is (unusually) not an attempt to refute any of his positions. :)

It seems to me that we have some very concrete in-world evidence of some equivalence between theist gods and sorcerous (loosely used) false gods and saints. For example, Worlath, Humct, etc. This makes me think that a better definition of a great god might be one that has related entities in otherworlds not their own. Call it an echo or something. For Orlanth, you have animist Rain Man/Little Brother in Prax and sorcerous Worlath. Surprisingly, this would lead me to the conclusion that Humakt is a Great God, since there is sorcerous Humct and animist Sword Man in Praxian. It might also lead me to the conclusion that Lodril and Balumbasta have the same sort of relationship.

This makes me wonder what sort of events you can access related to each great god from its various otherworld homes. E.g., from Sword Brother's tent in the spirit world, can you find Death the first time, sever yourself from your kin, kill the world, etc.?

Chris Lemens

P.S. I just noticed that Minlister on page 222 of Thunder Rebels looks liek Guy Hoyle. Minlister has red hair, right?

Do You Yahoo!?