Re: Lodril et al

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 15:33:49 +0100 (BST)

Jörg:
> What defiant entities do we know?
>
> There's Creation Age Tilntae and Bogglggles, there are the troll and elf
> underworld strangenesses, and there's Eternal Battle's Urox/Storm Bull.
> Anything I forgot?

Gagarth, apparently an Urox clone, game-mechanically. (*gag!*) The dragons... (Any "animist" culture which puts more emphasis on great spirit totemism than "ordinary" shamanic (or hsunchen) practices I'm suspicious of, however.)

> Ah, there's Yinkin, a compliant defiant. I wonder whether his ilk ain't
> the vast majority.

You mean in the sense of entities which logically or explicitly have a connection to some other worldview, but who ignore it, have explicitly cut themselves off from it, and are otherwise suspiciously gamemechanically  "innocent" of any suggestion of defiance?