Re: The Glorantha Digest V8 #549

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 21:28:48 +0000

Simon Hibbs

> I was under the impression that gagarth is a bandit god, the
> antithesis of the socialy responsibile Orlanth. I think
> the anti-Urox is called something like Urain - the god of
> destruction purely for it's own sake (and hence a good
> Shargash analog, at least in Heortling eyes?).

Urain actually has made it across the line and is considered chaotic.

> While not actualy chaotic, these gods extend the powers of their
> friendly lookalikes to extremes unrestricted by moral limits.
> They exist purely for their own sake, rather than as part of a
> balanced cosmic cycle.

That's Vadrus and his kin among the Storm Tribe, or ZZ among the Uz.

> If there were a Humakt analog, Onslaught would worship it.

Apart from the fact that Humakt is unrestricted by moral limits (though many of his worshippers will be more restricted, i.e. more human), Onslaught is in the process of providing this analog, and definitely is the ideal disciple of the deity.