Re: The Glorantha Digest V8 #549

From: rexabean_at_ozemail.com.au
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 14:32:42 +1000

G'day all,

> >From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
> >I'll restate my question (since it didn't get
> >answered). Is sex obtained
> >"by fear or favour" open to accusations of
> >actual rape, or of any accusation
> >of improper, immoral, illegal,
> >or "unHeortling" conduct?

I think legally it will depend on clan lore, who will stand for the accused, etc. More important will be the eventual mythic implications. If the person is taking the thrall against his/her will (doesn't try to bribe sex out of them with treats/favours, etc) in a violent manner against active opposition, then they are repeating Ragnaglar's rape of Thed and I am sure G. F. Stafford himself said that will turn you into a broo sooner rather than later.

Some arch-conservatives may simply shout "Broo" at the next clan/tribe moot if news gets around. However presumably thrall taking clans have come up with plenty of legal and social justifications for why sex with thralls is okay for their clan members. How willing is the thrall to participate is the important question. If they complain loud enough bad rumours will start to flow around and eventually come home to roost.

Cheers, Andrew