Re: Mrs Pavis

From: Bo Rosén <bo.rosen_at_home.se>
Date: 27 Sep 2001 09:01:36 +0200

tis 2001-09-25 klockan 08.54 skrev Stephen P. Martin:

Hi Stephen,
Thanks for taking the time with this. My mail was actually sent to the wrong address - I was aiming for the digest so I CC this to it.

> >I've been trying to find some reference to who the mother of Pavis's
> >daughter Shelbaris might be. I haven't got the Pavis and Big Rubble book
> >(it's rumoured to be in the mail), so just tell me to be patient if the
> >answer is in there.

> 5. Shelbaris was not the biological daughter of Pavis at all -- she was
> simply the first priest (or one of the first priests) of Pavis' cult (since
> all of his priests are called Daughters of Pavis). A bit of circular
> reasoning, perhaps, but it is possible.

Possible, but it seems more likely to me if the priests are called daughter because his daughter was the first priest.

> 6. Her mother is unknown and unknowable. Pavis did a lot of
> experimentational heroquesting in the Green Age, we know this, and it is
> very possible that her mother was from the Green Age, and so is one of the
> "faceless entities" of mythology. (She could even have been a heroquester
> from Gloranthan history, but would still be unknown and unknowable.)

That I do like, at least the unknown part. I bet the Lunars are preparing some lovely young woman to go HeroQuesting to find out who Mrs Pavis is and then (re-)marry Pavis. I can see her dropping in on the marriage ceremony in the Paps, prove to all that_she_ is the proper bride and make for the marriage bed. Hopefully, the groom has better luck than in Tarsh (if I remember my history right). Anyway, this is what they _plan_ on doing.

> I don't think anyone actually knows the answer at this point. :)

Let's find out then.

Cheers,

        Bo