Elamle-ata 2

From: Jerome Blondel <bwbfc_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 23:10:32 +0000

Elamle-ata part 2

More embryonic (and still quite lame)
thoughts on the Oath of Elamle

I think each of the 592 parts of the Oath of Elamle refers to a load of services the humans must pay the embyli, most being quite benign everyday things, others being rather serious. But it contains implications with respect to the direst parts that the Elamlites have lost when they supplied full-time help to the embyli at the withering of Errinoru&#8217;s empire. The embyli don&#8217;t know something&#8217;s going wrong because they too have lost part of the meaning of the oath when they came near to extinction. Actually, the Elamlites need not provide the embyli with what Elamle-ata once already provided to her own depends. Part of what her people « could not provide » and that she provided instead, were things she judged would make their life meaningless and make them unable to improve the world. *

In the Hero Wars some humans will come to this realization. It won&#8217;t be instantaneous, but signs will guide various people towards the revelation. At first other people and the embyli will resist, but once some heroes show the elf queen that they&#8217;re right, and she acknowledges it, everyone will adopt the new philosophy. This will be a first step allowing them to dedicate more time in the fight against the Mother of Monster, and eventually destroy it. I think at this point both embyli and humans will be split into two factions, and one of the factions on each side, possibly under subversive foreign influence (Gargulian?/ Flanchite), will display great magic to break the Oath and wage war on each other, the elves to bring back the humans on the right path, the humans to once and for all get rid of that stupid subservience and become as proud a nation as the Flanchites. Some humans will join the elves, some elves will join the humans, all everything&#8217;s going to end up as a big four-directional war. Something will have to be done and quickly, because they won&#8217;t survive the following events (whatever they be**) if they don&#8217;t support each other. I think this is compatible with all that we already know on the Elamle people (notably the hinted-at reemergence of terrible geographical magic a la Kimos). I don&#8217;t know yet what will happen in Flanch at the same time.

All IMO, if not yet IMG.

APPENDIX: There&#8217;s a story of a South-American heroin called Mani (I don&#8217;t remember which SA people). She was a milky-white-skinned girl who came to a village and befriended everyone. She gave them cakes which fed them when the hunt was poor. Nobody knew where she was from, and where she got those cakes. One day, the hunting was so poor that everyone starved. Then Mani gave them her cakes and they could eat. But as she kept on giving those cakes, she seemed to fade out, becoming more sad and out of touch with the world. Finally her people survived the famine, but Mani disappeared overnight, leaving a plant with roots as white as her skin. With the roots, the people could bake her special cakes that sustained them when the hunt was poor, and they called the plant manioc in her memory. Maybe I didn&#8217;t remember the exact story, but that&#8217;s the idea. I think this is not unlike the sort of self-sacrifice Elamle-ata did. I think she faded out, losing happiness and &#8216;substance&#8217;. Finally she disappeared, leaving her Oath so that the people can live in harmony with the embyli. (OTOH it&#8217;s very much a Doraddi tale too).

I apology if it was long (well, it was?) and sometimes repetitive. More to follow on Maslo. (except if you say: No, don&#8217;t do that. It&#8217;s too horrible! :-)

Cheers
Jerome

Téléchargez MSN Explorer gratuitement à l'adresse http://explorer.msn.fr/intl.asp