Re: Great Gods

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 09:18:09 +0200

Alex responding to Peter:

> You're basing your whole argument as to the "core" definition of
> Greater God on a document that does cite Dayzatar (and worse...)
> as one, of course. It's not clear that your suggested reconciliation
> of the various senses of "great god" is entirely consistent with
> any of them.

Just to inject another definition of Great God (besides main cultural deity of a nation and holder of a core rune): I don't have the HW book at hand, but I recall having read somewhere that a great god is a god which "knows" the secret of life, death and existence.

Nils Weinander
A generation comes and a generation goes, but the earth remains the same forever -- Ecclesiastes 1:4

Do You Yahoo!?