Elmale

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 20:07:12 +1200

Jerome Blondel:

>What kind of magic do you have in mind for Elamle-ata?

I would give her the affinities of Peace, Jungle Song and perhaps Oath. The Peace affinity could also be used to calm sea-storms as well as make peace between hostile peoples. Jungle Song is necessary for talking to elves and also appeasing forest spirits while Oath is like a Rule Clan affinity but limited to making people and Embyli obey the Oath. I would make her secret the same as Overdruva's secret (Thunder Rebels p190-191).

>Missing Lands says "Elamle-ata vanished forever."

Yes, I know that. I'm just disputing that it has to mean that Elamle gives no magic at all. Looking at the cult of Dormal, I find see that Dormal has never been seen again since he left the Ygg's Isles. Yet he still gives magic. Likewise for HonEel who vanished at the Nights of Horrors. She is still a worshipped lunar goddess. So why the need to assume that Elamle gives no magic?