Re: Ruler of Mokato

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 10:02:12 +0200

Me & Peter M:

> >I think that there was never a king or emperor in Mokato, only
> >a Grand Steward, who acted as a stand-in for Govmeranen, the
> >perfect mystic ruler. Like Govmeranen, the Grand Stewards
> >ruled by example, not by force.
>
> He's actually mentioned in the Glorantha: Intro (p221) "Even
> Memb and Forng paid tribute to the court of the Golden Breath
> in Mokato".

That gives me a new association I haven't thought of before: if Govmeranen was remembered by the Mokatans as the Golden Emperor, Golden Breath is a nice title for his stand-in the Grand Steward.

In the old East Isles material that Sandy, Greg Fried and I wrote, the Golden Breath was a mysterious magic artifact or guardian spirit (probably the Golden Emperor back from yonder). If the Grand Steward rules in Govmeranens place, trying to emulate him, that little piece fits rather nice.

Nils Weinander
A generation comes and a generation goes, but the earth remains the same forever -- Ecclesiastes 1:4

Do You Yahoo!?