Re: Elamle-Ata's magic

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 10:07:21 +0200

Jerome and Peter M:

> >What kind of magic do you have in mind for Elamle-ata?
>
> I would give her the affinities of Peace, Jungle Song and
> perhaps Oath. The Peace affinity could also be used to
> calm sea-storms as well as make peace between hostile
> peoples. Jungle Song is necessary for talking to elves
> and also appeasing forest spirits while Oath is like a
> Rule Clan affinity but limited to making people and Embyli
> obey the Oath. I would make her secret the same as
> Overdruva's secret (Thunder Rebels p190-191).
>
> >Missing Lands says "Elamle-ata vanished forever."
>
> Yes, I know that. I'm just disputing that it has to mean
> that Elamle gives no magic at all.

That's true, but I find Jerome's idea that she gives no (tangible at least) magic rather appealing. I would suggest something like this: the only magic of Elamle-Ata's cult is that it enables the Elamlites to comprehend and worship aspects of Aldrya in a more functional fashion than humans normally can (i.e. less of a misapplied worship penalty).

Nils Weinander
A generation comes and a generation goes, but the earth remains the same forever -- Ecclesiastes 1:4

Do You Yahoo!?