Great Gods

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 23:13:30 +0200

Peter :

> > > But not through the actions of ordinary mortals or communities -
> > > Arachne Solara usually gets the blame for changing gods. I am
> > > extremely dubious that an army of heroquesters could change the
> > > gods and note that all previous attempts to do so have been
> > > failures.
>
> >I disagree very strongly with this. The name of the game is Hero Wars,
> >and it's about ordinary mortals becoming Heroes and changing the cosmos
> >through their actions. In fact, last time we were discussing divine
> >mutability, Greg denied that the gods can change on their own, and
> >hinted quite strongly that the action of mortal Heroes is the
> >_only_ thing that can change them.
>
> And this is relevant to the changing of _Great_ Gods, how?

Erm ... completely ?

Oh, this must be one of those "opposite approach" things again. Forget it.

> >There are also many HW plots
> >and projects that are geared to accomplish similar designs.
> >The Lunar Empire's struggle against Orlanth for another example.
>
> Which has already been discussed and dealt with on this far
> too long thread many weeks ago.

Ah. Probably while I was on holiday.

Quite difficult to keep track of the full picture, isn't it ?

> > > No, I don't think subcults can be morphed into aspects. One can
> > > worship a god as a subcult (like Redayla for Elmal or Rigsdal
> > > for a number of gods). But one can't turn Vanorlanth (or other
> > > subcult manifestations of Orlanth) into an aspect of him.
>
> >Why not ? I'm not saying that it would be an easy task ; Ernalda
> >was once a mere handmaiden in the house of Yelm, but now she has a
> >Queen Aspect.
>
> This was well before the Cosmic Compromise that fixed the Gods
> within the Cosmos, and upon which basis I am grounding my
> statements about the immutability of the Great Gods - before
> that time, my arguments do not apply.

Oh OK, then yes, this IS another instance of 180° opposite approach.

Best to let the thread die, die, die then ...

Business as usual ... :-/

Julian