Gods, High and Great

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 11:11:16 +0200

Jerome:

> Uleria is different: she embodies all the aspects of union, but nothing
> else. For her i'd use the same rules as for Donandar, and would not be
> surprised if a Niskis worshipper could switch to Uleria in the same way that
> a musician can switch to Donandar. She's not a great goddess, rather a "high
> goddess". (so, whats a "high god"?... if i'm correct the high gods of the
> East or those of Pelanda maybe are not great gods). In a word, two opposite
> ways to get a measure of transcendence...

I think this is an apt observation. Of the High Gods of Vithela, I'd say that Vith is also a Great God, but the rest of them probably not (all depending on the semantics of Great God of course).

Nils Weinander
A generation comes and a generation goes, but the earth remains the same forever -- Ecclesiastes 1:4

Do You Yahoo!?