Heler in Prax

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 00:19:32 +1300

Pierre Proust:

>Another question what is the power of Heler in Prax, as he may be worshiped
>by the orlanthi and bring them rain...

If he has any power in Prax, I would expect his worship to be prominent or at least mentioned in the Pavis and Sun County material. Since he doesn't appear there, my opinion that his power is weakened or non-existent so not worth worshipping.

Possible reasons are:

  1. the clouds are wrong, being dust blown from the wastes of Genert's Garden by the Storm Bull winds. For Heler to call forth rain, he has to use it with normal clouds. These rarely appear over Prax and usually must be summoned by the Helering.
  2. Heler's magics are unable to be used in Prax because he was the Dew Maid's rejected lover and so was "killed" in the Greatlands (in the same way that Issaries was killed in Fronela and Orlanth chained after Whitewall falls).

Pick one (or both) and season to taste.