Orlanth Rex

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 00:40:00 +1300

Joerg Baumgartner wrote:

> > Orlanth Rex is a subcult, not an aspect.

>It is listed under "Special Orlanth Aspects", and belonging to neither
>of the three common aspects.

It looks and functions as a subcult (one affinity), not an aspect (two affinities). Whether it belongs to an aspect or not is IMO irrelevant for shared subcults can be shared among aspects (i.e. Vinga and Nandan).

>it isn't that great a deal (yet?), but still it is a new facet of Great
>Orlanth which wasn't evident (to the Heortlings at least) before.

That it is and I have not said new facets cannot appear. What I did say was that aspects remain the same.

>Which is why I find it unreasonable to deny any deity a hidden potential
>for becoming a Great God.

If you meant that a god might have an unrevealed aspect and if known then he becomes recognized as a Great God, then I disagree. Both Humakt and Chalana only have one known aspect among the Heortlings yet are recognized as Great Gods. Secondly there's only a limited number of such and most of the places are already taken.