Re: Windstop

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 20:20:53 +0000

> IIRC Greg Stafford said the winds blow steadily and quite slowly (or was it
> 'a fair breeze'?). Well, a steady wind blowing from the Nargan is bad enough
> for Pamalt, notably it means no Keraun rain season for 4 years!!! The
> Fonritians will be happy because for them it means no typhoons, and no
> desert storm in Prax, and no Valind blizzard in Fronela, etc.

That's Tatius' plan for building the temple. 1621 sees the Fall of Whitewall and the Windstop. However, Broyan does Tatius the discourtesy to reappear early in 1622 to organize resistance. The resulting Battle of Iceland should stop this side-effect of Tatius' temple-building, but not quite the temple-building itself.

I suppose that even in the original plans the release of Ernalda would have been necessary for the completion of the rite.

However, the Windstop will last less than four years unless in your campaign Broyan and companions lose their fight in a big way.

As far as I've heard Greg speak at Tentacles, there is supposed to be one Ice Summer in Dragon Pass, and thus one year of winds being swallowed by the Windstop, going nowhere, and from what we know, not returning.

Winds = storm daimons, btw... Possibly spirits from Prax as well.

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #586