Re: vadeli

From: simonh_at_msi-uk.com
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 13:22:33 -0000

Peter Metcalfe :

>But I'm pointing out that this is unlikely for chaos didn't
>exist within the world then when Oabil was founded and
>destroyed. Chaos only came into the world much later with
>the Unholy Trio (not the Vadeli).

It sems to me a bit unsatisfactory to me that philosophers of the West, when asked where the cosmic force of Chaos comes from, have to resort to a theist (or animist?) myth to explain it.

Even if they do refer to the foreign myth (it's all those the fault of those pagans!), they should have a logical explanation for it in the terms of their own theological philosophy.

Perhaps I've missed something (highly likely as I'm no expert on malkioni esoterica, though I do try to keep up) and they do?

Does Malkioni theology include a belief in an ultimate apocalypse? If so, presumably Chaos is the primal agent this and therefore part of the cosmic plan?

Simon Hibbs

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #588