Malkioni and Chaos

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 21:56:51 +1300

Simon Hibbs:

> >But I'm pointing out that this is unlikely for chaos didn't
> >exist within the world then when Oabil was founded and
> >destroyed. Chaos only came into the world much later with
> >the Unholy Trio (not the Vadeli).

>It sems to me a bit unsatisfactory to me that philosophers
>of the West, when asked where the cosmic force of Chaos
>comes from, have to resort to a theist (or animist?) myth
>to explain it.

I wasn't referring to Malkioni philosophy but to the God Learner reconstruction of what happened. The Malkioni would say that as the Fallen Beings sank further into error, their misdeeds weakened the cosmos and caused cracks to appear, allowing chaos through. Some Fallen Beings went so far as to deliberately rupture the Cosmos to allow Chaos to flood the world...

>Does Malkioni theology include a belief in an ultimate
>apocalypse? If so, presumably Chaos is the primal agent
>this and therefore part of the cosmic plan?

It's unknown to me if they do. Part of the problem is that they have to conceive of a apocalypse worse than the great darkness. I think instead that they keep to the Malkioni way to prevent the Great Darkness from re-appearing again.