Fifth Action

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 17:12:04 +1300

Jerome Blondel:

>The creation myth in Anaxial's Roster (p. 210) suggests that Hell (chaos,
>uz, etc) was created by the Fifth Action when evil people (Vadeli, false
>gods) began to break the Laws and do perverse things. The Fifth Action
>should thus have been Destruction, but elsewhere it is said that Malkion
>replaced it with his Sacrifice.

What Glorantha: Intro p47 says is that because of the Great Error, the Malkioni during the age of the Fourth Action (Duplication) could only interpret the oncoming Fifth Action as Destruction. Malkion did not replace it with Sacrifice, he showed everybody what its real meaning was.

>I think the potential for Destruction was
>relegated to that weird seventh plane that is Hell.

Hell is the world of the Fifth Action. The Plane of Joy has no corresponding Action.