Seven Mothers - Danfive Xaron

From: Grawe, Philipp <pgrawe_at_tusc.com.au>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 10:01:00 +1100

It's interesting, from what I've read about the Seven Mothers, which is admittedly little beyond the standard references and Tales#16, I got the distinct impressions that Teelo Norri and Danfive were the last of the Seven Mothers to be "recruited".

Numerous references exist about what the others did beforehand, especially in terms of the questing beforehand to set the scene.

Teelo Norri is obviously just someone picked off the street to act as a "host" - "no one will miss this little orphan..."

But Danfive has very very little information. I always read between the lines that they needed someone brutal and bloodthirsty enough to perform the final step. I always wondered if Danfive knew what he was getting himself into, because he really doesn't feature in the stories of the planning stages and as a bandit, you wouldn't expect him to be deeply involved finer details of heroquesting and resurrecting goddesses.

Harry.