Seven Mother LBQ

From: Greg Stafford <greg_at_glorantha.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 14:12:07 -0800

The Lunar LBQ
The conspirators who destroyed the Carmanian Empire did not know what they were doing, really. They had an objective: do as much permanent damage to their Evil Emperor as possible. They knew about this foreign spell to get such an effect. I am sure YT had a dozen or more very precisely analyzed versions of it, but I don't think that they really knew what they were doing, what they were "supposed to do" in the standard Heortling way, or really what the participants were "supposed to be." They also tried to shortcut things their own way. It seems that they initially tried to traverse a part of the Spirit Plane instead of the normal Heortling routes across the (Godworld) Land of the Dead. These and other preparations changed the whole quest drastically. In the end, it didn't really have a lot to do with the Orlanthi LBQ. I also think they were surprised by the results, both immediately and over the decades that followed. (They had to struggle with the Goddess' teachings to become Sevened.)

As for DX = Orlanth. The equation was that Orlanth is the god chained in between the earth and sky to do the bidding of Yelm and Sedenya for all of Time (just like his old man was in the God Ages).