My 7 cents

From: Herve.Ancelin_at_skf.com
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 18:38:02 +0100

At last Convulsion, I asked to Greg what was the meaning of the 7s or rather 6 and 1 (LBQ, 7M, Cosmic Dragon, Winds, etc). He pointed Front, Back, Right, Left, Above, Below and You at the center.

As I understand it, it is the framework followed by everything in Glorantha. The world was created (devoluted) this way and the 6 original directions impose themselves to everything.

Magic affecting the whole of Glorantha (LBQ, 7M) MUST follow that 6 and 1 frame. Changing the world is in fact moving the center and changing the directions.

That is what happens in the HW and this is a tragedy : as the Heroes defeat their opponents, they "integrate" them and are changed (cf War against War).

If anybody is aware of this IN Glorantha, that may be Mystics close to liberation. However many can wield that power without understanding what they do like the GL did.

Herve

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #600