Orlanthi Mountains

From: Bwbfc_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 17:07:42 EST

Hi

I was wondering what Other Orlanthi's Sacred Orders of Space (that is, mostly mountains) look like with respect to their own local geography. Has anyone ever estimated how far Kero Fin and the Top of the World would be visible?

Heortland: Kero Fin is at the end of Aedin's Wall but Stormwalk seems more important (and maybe it's at the other end), for it's likely there that the worshippers take off.

Pol Joni: Same as Heortland, but the ground looks like chapparal and probably the Paps, the Block and other Praxian features such as Eiritha's Herd are visible as well.

Pavis: Any idea? I'd say they go to Kero Fin... maybe using the Rockwoods as a launching ramp.

Aggar, Bilini, Talastar: The Lunar Map shows plenty of mountains! Is there anything known about Bear Mtn, Soren Mtn, and the Great Queen Mtn? (The latter I guess is the Talasting version of Orlanth's mother).

Ralios: TR says the Top of the World is their central mountain. If its visible from Lankst and Delela, I want to agree (there's a 600 km's distance either side!).

Wenelia: I suppose there must be a Boar Mtn somewhere in Maniria...

Fronela: Congern's HtWWW background is on an old digest, where he wants to marry the White Mountain Princess in order to gain rulership of Oranor, which sounds good. So I suppose Inora is the Mountain Queen there (daughter of Valind..)

Jerome