Holy Country

From: Bwbfc_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 13:02:49 EST

An idea and a couple of questions on the Holy Country.

Phyllis Ann Karr's story in Gloranthan Visions and Greg Stafford's Pharaoh article in Tradetalk #5 made me think of something funny yesterday night. With that stuff about Celestial Court deities and Tessele the True, I wonder if Belintar did not only summon the Silver Age heroes, ancient founders of the Silver Age council, but also selected some of them to be keepers or agents of the Golden Age deities' primal powers in his reconstructed Kethaela, in order to make a 'new Celestial Court' with him as the Emperor ("I will be king of the world", he modestly says..). Surely Tessele the True inherited her Truth from Orenoar, or at least Belintar seems strongly to identify her with what the Godlearners called Orenoar. But I don't know much about the Silver Age heroes. So it's FWIW.

On another point, was there a solar husband in Esrolia in the Golden Age? I imagine the effect that aeons of trollish rule could have had on such a myth, but then Belintar came and changed a couple of things. Could have he been that solar husband himself after his ascension, as the reusable year father?

Then, i did a little search and found references to a heropath of Tessele the True who rescued her lover from death at the hands (tentacles, or whatever) of chaos. I'd be interested in knowing how she did that, ...

Finally: now Caladra has been mostly a male god since the GL's demise (at least for the High Temple followers). How did Belintar tame the Caladralanders?

Thanks in advance

Jerome

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #611