Orlanthi Mountains

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 15:04:54 +1300

Jerome Blondel

>I was wondering what Other Orlanthi's Sacred Orders of Space (that is, mostly
>mountains) look like with respect to their own local geography. Has anyone
>ever estimated how far Kero Fin and the Top of the World would be visible?

That doesn't matter as we know the effective distance for them to be the Greatest Mountain is 400 miles (Thunder Rebels p119)

>Heortland: Kero Fin is at the end of Aedin's Wall but Stormwalk seems
>more important (and maybe it's at the other end), for it's likely there
>that the worshippers take off.

The Orlanthi of Heortland have Kerofin as their Greatest Mountain. Stormwalk is the local Great Mountain for Heortland while the Orlanthi in Esrolia have Arrowmound as their Great Mountain (TR p120).

>Pol Joni: Same as Heortland, but the ground looks like chapparal
>and probably the Paps, the Block and other Praxian features such
>as Eiritha's Herd are visible as well.

No, they see the same Storm Realm as everybody else. The Paps and other Praxian Features are on the Spirit Plane and only be visible to the animists who venture there, not to the Orlanthi visiting the Storm Realm. The Block might be an exception to this rule, but it might be found near Storm Bull's realm.

>Pavis: Any idea? I'd say they go to Kero Fin... maybe using the
>Rockwoods as a launching ramp.

They go to Kerofin, probably using Mount Dratsch in the Indigo Mountains as their Great Mountain.

>Aggar, Bilini, Talastar: The Lunar Map shows plenty of mountains! Is
>there anything known about Bear Mtn, Soren Mtn, and the Great Queen
>Mtn? (The latter I guess is the Talasting version of Orlanth's mother).

Both Mount Soren and Bear Mountain are in the Storm Realm. Mount Soren never fell beneath the Waves (TR p136) while Bear Mountain is holy to Odayla. The Great Queen Mountain has Ana Gor's rune atop of it and so might be connected to human sacrifice.

>Ralios: TR says the Top of the World is their central mountain. If
>its visible from Lankst and Delela, I want to agree (there's a 600
>km's distance either side!).

It's not required that the mountain be visible, it's only necessary that it have a nearby presence on the God Plane. Since the effective distance for Kerofin is 400 miles, I don't see much of a problem for Top of the World.