Reputation of Nysalor/Gbaji in Sun County?

From: Heikki Raappana <heikki.raappana_at_songnetworks.fi>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 00:32:48 +0200

Hello,

In my campaign I stumbled across a following question: What is the reputation of Nysalor among Yelmalio cult, especially Sun County Yelmalions?

My Nysalor/Gbaji cult write-up says (~translation from Finnish)
"Nysalor has a good reputation among many cults (although rarely outside of
Lunar Empire). In a temple of such cult there might even be a shrine to Nysalor..."
"Sometimes Nysalor-shrines are met within temples of Light, elven (aldryami)
or local deities."

My Sun County -book is not at hand at the moment, but I'm quite sure that there was no Nysalor shrine in Sun Dome Temple of Sun County. Belvani is illuminated, but he don't make too much noise about it, so that would indicate that illuminants are not top-rated in Sun County. In article
"Illumination" in Ian Thomson's website Yelmalio is described to be neutral
towards Nysalor.

Does Arkat's businesses with trolls and conversion to Zorak Zorani have any effect on attitudes of Yelmalions? Still, even though Arkat turned into Zorak Zorani during his crusade against Gbaji, that doesn't mean that Yelmalions should then be
pro-Nysalor -people? Pelorians (Yelm-worshipping) were much fond of Nysalor, and still have warm feelings, but what does the Yelmalions of Sun County have in common with Yelmists of Dara Happa anyway?

Most certain is, that riddlers ("strange people asking strange questions") would get most hostile welcome in Sun County, but that is not an answer to the question. As we know, xenophobic Sun County folk are hostile or at least suspicious towards everyone they don't know...

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #618