Simcity of Dara Happa 5 / Kralori Martial Arts

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 01:14:54 +0900

(Quote from Kim Nellist:
Although EWF would seem to be a mystic practice I think they had a certain connection with the Korgatsu animist tradition, Orlanthi theist sacrifice (Orlanth Dragonfriend) and certain types of impersonal sorcery (Delecti, City
of 1000 Magicians) . I might suggest, if pushed, that the Third Council, being more aggressive and Imperialist than the previous Collective was dominated by Theists, rather than mystics who would retreat from the entanglements of Empire. (note that Zorak Zoran was a popular war god, that the Council included significant parts of Theist Peloria. )

My opinion against some of his opinion above: Greg Stafford wrote the image of EWF like Mystic Tradition, and my idea connection between
Korgatsu Tradition and Kralori Martial Arts is maybe controversial for it, but I think Korgatsu Tradition is more connected to New Dragon Ring and Shang Hsa rather than EWF.
(Please see my opinion about Kralori Martial Arts.I think Animal Form Style Martial Arts are Shan-Shan Mountain origin.)

To Mr. PRAX:
Did you receive my last letter to you?
I think the article which I and Jerome want to read is which I think: http://pavis.free.fr/prax/

Broos N°5
Yuthuppa, article collectif de Guillaume Fournier, Fabrice Lamidey et Fredéric Weil
Is it correct?

I think French generally has conteplation about Roman Culture (like catoon Asterix), I think the article is interesting and unique even for Americans and other English Speakers, and I heard about some maps of Yuthuppa appears in the article.

>>  I should try to use Automatical Coverter from English to Japanese rather
>>  than bothering you always..but I don't know the address of appropriate
>>  website. (Or studying French again?) Do you know?

Jerome Blondel:
>I tried to find such a converter once ago but never succeeded, i suppose I'll
>have to study Japanese (and Finnish too) someday... My current duties only >consist in standing on my cloud without falling through the vapour, so i can
>easily save a couple of hours on translating the Yuthuppa articles.

I took a wrong "French" to "Japanese" the context above, (Sigh) my friend in Japan taught me good site for reference converter from English to French, French to English

Alta-Vista Babel Fish
http://uk.altavista.com/pos/babelfish/trns Alta-Vista World Translate
http://www.altavista.com/sites/babelfish Google Language Tools
http://www.google.com/language_tools

Maybe there is more, if you know, please teach me.

 What my grandfather told me:

  Dara Happan Point of View in Yuthuppa
 (I used Yuthuppa modelled which my distorted view for Babylon and Tenochitolan (Now Mexico City) and many towers standed over around inner circle wall which surrounded by outer circle. I don't think my image for Dayzatar Mystics is fit for official. And I illustrate Astrology as in Roman Empire, Romans belives Star World is residence for Souls. Greg mentioned Dara Happans don't start "Bread and Circus" but some of Romanic Games like Chariot Race and Zasturnic Game (?I think it is something like Olympic Game as Achilles performed for his friend's funeral. ) )

*Who are you? (I used Loren Miller's Collection for Dara Happan Names)
I am Mandevu Kumada, Second Class Scribe of Buserium in House Kumada.

*Who are we?

 We are members of Family Kumada of Royal Blood Record Scribe, our ancestor was Stargazers who brought Star Wisdom and Blessing of Oropum from East in Starlight Era. Other Guild Scribes: Researchers of Yuthubars (Deipolis), Counters of Vrimakus Bird Feathers, Gardeners of Aldryami Forests (Now nonsense anachronistic record-researchers?), Achademy of Astrology and Prophecy are also other factions of Our School, but we are most Honorable. Because imperial purity relied on us.

 When Tomastus started the Dayzatar Temple in our Devastated Tower again, we Yuthuppan again started collecting the knowledge of our Empire, after Emperors again started the rite of Anaxial Dynasty, we have taken the main role for their enthronement ritual. though our Captain of the Ark is not always friendly toward us, we can always rely on the School of Prominent Astrology.

*What makes us great?

  We held Tradition in our Archive and important secrets of Dara Happa. (such like Song of Kolasting which was stolen from the Queen of Digijelms.) And Buserian is the son of Yelm who collect and put together the knowledge under the Light and Tutelage of Dayzatarians. Other Tripolis are, much occupied by whim and petty-political Raibanthians and crazed, man-eating Alkothians, we led them and we are best.

 After Yelm was killed, Dayzatar secluded from Sky World because he felt the invasion of Lorion and Netta, and Sky World wasn't without pollution any more. So he delegated the authority over it to his subjects, Polaris, Arraz, Ourania and Lightfore, departed to Higher World and pledged to Ezelveztay and Aether Primolt not to abandone us. So we can still hold the hope to the Highest Realm. Soul is immortal and walks Sky World without flesh.

 Of course, most of us cannot afford to do this as Dayzatarians, so we struggle for petty mundane affairs because someday, Buserian and Yelm may promote us to higher status. We study the Esoteric Knowledge in Library and learn Celestial Cleverness in the Imperial Court modelled to Celestial World, some of our family members unhappily don't have ability for studying, they can take more difficult way to Celestial World.

*What is the difference between men and women.

Women are inferior being in Dara Happan tradition and are treated as property of Houses, but that is not ignoring or underestimating their power, on the contrary, women sometimes hold much power than men in foreign land. Lunars spoke us men and women are equal, but different. We think more cautiously about the term "difference".

 We reveres Ourania Virgin Priestesses though they are women because they noticed their handicapped status and tried to recover it, do you feel their beauty? Very good. But never try to make them your own. Because they exists as tools of trial to us for the ascension. Some Dayzatarian Priests impose themselves grim restrict and blind or castrate themselves voluntarily, "Now we feel only invisible light of Dayzatar without seeing Beauty of Mundane World which yelm provides us." It is their saying. Of course they were minority even in the strict Monastery.

 We also took care of worshippers of Thilla and Oslira in the process of city management, we take care of them but don't revere them, we know a rumor about the underground Temple of Gorgorma where Man-Hater Darsenites muster and plot intrigue to us. But they are not always hostile if you don't try to oppress them.

 Because Yuthuppa is City of Dayzatar, Soul and Spirit are sometimes removed from Bodies, and Women usually prevent us from to do so, because they are more earthly origin, and they always try to keep their children in their womb. But Earth can easily be conquered and raped, because they don't know why Souls should remain in our Flesh.

 Mysticism is the way simultaneously to transform the fuel into the fire, some Dayzatarians are said to become Aetheric Angels without abandoning their mortal flesh. (Some kind of Esoteric Buddhism?) They are not always friendly to Lunars, Carmanianism, Jernotian Way of Hermaprodite from Darsen, Others.
 Because Manastic Way of Alkothian Bijiif, Yuthuppan Dayzatar, Nysalorian Illuminator are our traditional way of Dara Happa, they are most revered by us. Lunar Order of Day taught us Verithurusa and Zaytenera are incarnations or daughters of Dayzatar, we don't mind their such ignorant statement.

*Where do we live?

  We are living in quarter of Scribes near Grand Buserium.

 Our Ancestors are consecrated by each Towers of Enlightenment, we usually let our dead birds from East eat and liberate their souls. (Zoroastrian Exposing to Vultures?) Because we live near the Sky and Mystery, we don't touch with the destiny of dead corpses, as Raibanthians or Alkothians.

 Yuthuppa ruled around the lake of Thilla near Oslir River flows. This city was founded when Anaxial first landed to the Hill of Herustana (named after his wife) and refounded when Buserian first set his tent for his star watching, and Handsome Vuranostum permitted Tomastus to reconstruct Dayzatarian Cult. We thrived by the support of Oslira River Control and center of Worship to Highest Light, and many barbarians have roused their avarice and tried to occupy our Magic and Cleverness. But they always failed to grasp the our most precious treasur.

*What do we do for our lives?

 We earns income from Buserium for investigating the vast library of Old Age and working for City Management. But most of other Yuthuppans aren't lucky as we, and spent a hard working life, but they are far more lucky than Pelorian Farmers, because they also receive the bright blessing from Heaven in the circle of Dara Happan City, and Yuthuppa is most Sacred City.

 (See Introduction to Hero Wars, articles about Dara Happan Society,) Overseer, Ten Sons and Servants, Commoners, Polemarchs Foremen, Wheelers, Tribunes

 As one of Yuthuppans, we are expected to behave as holders of Ancient Tradition and Wisdom, and we keep rivalry in the Lunar System of Bureaucracy against Irripi Ontor cult, Ontorite sometimes claims our way is archaic and anachronitic, but you know there is always thing which never change, Lunars doesn't know that.

*What is important in my life?

*Who rules us?

 We know the authority of Ten Tests and Dara Happan Emperor's legitimacy, Staff of Right to Rule which Dayzatar entrusted it to Yelm. We know the Highest God blessed this city in Anaxial Era, but we cannot see him except most honorable and enlightened Dayzatarians. Practically, the captains of Ark rules this city from Hill of Herustana about the petty and materialistic matters, but the presidents and priests of Buserium Academy also keep great power over this city.

 There is also hidden power in the labyrinthine inner structure of our city and highest star towers, some say Greatest Dayzatarians died when Sheng Seleris destroyed our Highest Cathedral Tower to Sky, but we know they can live without any life supply, and freely move through the walls of cities, and meditate for the glory of Dayzatar. They are invisble for us, as Khordavu cannot see Holiest, as we cannot watch the Sun directly.

 TakenEgi as known as Rufus by Pelorian Commoners is also Emperor of Dara Happa, though he has tolerated the outer pollution to invade Dara Happan cities and showed preference to Pelandan and Lodrilite decadence, we know Masks are merely a superficial persona over the Doskalos, who have long and wisely ruled us before Sheng Seleris. And Ten Bad Emperors are better than none.

*What makes us great?

 Gnosis is a knowledge for souls of people to reach higher status, Buserian taught it to us under the permission of Yelm and the guidance of Sacred Triad. But we must do petty everyday life works because that is important to sustain our body which still need it. And Other Gods over the Sky teaches us how to go same goal from different pathes, don't underestimate it.

*What is evil?

 Disobedient to the Gnosis is Evil, which derives from Ignorance and Avarice. And Antirius is holder of Imperial Absolute Divine Justice, if you cannot see Invisible Light of Yelm's Elder Brother, you must be obedient to it.

 Kazkurtum is one portion of Yelm, but the source of Evil, do you understand? Because he is the leader of Material World, accepted it as a part of it, and so Bijiif accept the puruification in the Underworld. We knew how to avoid it as far as you can truly keep tradition of Yuthuppa.

*What is my duty?

 If you have ability to pass to the initiation of Buserium Community, you will enjoy the Ancient Wisdom and knowledge of Celestian in our Library, and if you want to know more, you will know Gnosis. But most of us go to other occupation, like soldier or Bureaucracy, but don't hesitate before Hardship over the Material World. Because your House is always to your side as far as you know your place.

How should we treat outsiders?
 We are all citizens of Lunar Empire and residents of city of Anaxial. We know where we should live. We must treat Women and Children with proper behaviour, because they also live in this city and Buserian chose us.

 We should treat other Dara Happans with respect as same Celestian residents, they also know the Glory of Sky World and go the same way of us, but they don't always tolerate Yuthuppa is the most Sacred City and our Sages are wisest. And other Lunar Citizens must be accepted because Yelm assigned us to do so. We know Raibanth is not the center of Empire anymore, but Masks still have enthroned themselves in the Ziggurat of Raibanth.

  Rinliddians and Other Pelorians were our inferior friends, they abandoned many good ancient ways for living, but they still hold old memory of friendship, we must consider about their welfare if they need it.

 Foreigners outside Empire are not our concern, they usually mistreat us so we also mistreat them, we usually keep Dayzatarian indifferent Attitude toward them, even if they are another Lightworshippers like Imtherians and Teshnans from somewhere of Glorantha.

  Elves and Dwarves were once subjects of Yelm, but they forgot it long before immemorarable days. And they had good relationship with us in older days, after Lunars burned down Elven forests, they became their Enemies. And they consider us as their enemy's friend. Dwarves are relatively frendly to Lunars, but they scarcely show such attitude.

*What is our enemy?

 We usually categorize our enemies divide them to inside of our Empire and outside of our Empire. And we haven't defended our city in a sense other DH cities do, because we know material is temporary, soul is eternal. We don't know which is true whether Knowledge and Gnosis is required for Enlightenment or not. Buserian usually says yes, so Buserium exists for it. But Lunars sometimes deny the importance of knowledge without experience...as their goddess suffered in Underworld as Rashorana or in mundane world with humanity.

 Coming from East is not always Evil as Starlight Tribes and Stargazers, Rinliddian Friends. But Horse Riders from distant Pentan Steppes are always our enemy, because they could not see the Soul which flames within our body. And they always try to replace their False Horse God Kargzant is our Yelm! Sheng Seleris was as bad as Kazkurtum.

 Once, southern barbarians who worship Thunderer came to our Empire and took adavtage from our city or damage, they are not sofisticated as Alkothians, and reveres similar deity, but both of them deny this similarity, leave this matter off. Raibanthians usually have tamed them, but sometimes not. Because they joined the Jannisor's Army, Emperor doesn't trust them enough. We usually have welcomed different students like both Lhankor Mhyite from south and Ontorite from Lunar City because though they always try to new way and fail, they are expert to explore for new knowledge which Yelm still haven't named, and Buserian was once Ontor's tutor.

 Digijelms are monsters which came from Dead World and always hungry because they cannot fill their hollow inside, we cannot fill such void as Murharzarm do in Ten tests, we should kill them as soon as possible. But some Lunars used them as an ally against more dangerous enemies, but soon they will reveal their true nature again.

 Sorcerors from Fleshwater Sea and Carmanians are Soul-eaters, once Carmanians tried to replace our Sun to their Deceitful Solar Disc, Idovanus. Lunars and Blood Kings have fought long for their hegemony, and Vakthan Ilart's won that struggle but for Sheng Seleris, Carmanians regained upperhand again. Masks of TakenEgi and Arronius Jaranthir changed it.

 Night of Horror diminished their power greatly, but they still hold great power in the Lunar Court.

 People of Darsen were ruled by Witches who debarked early from Anaxial Ark and polluted, They were an ally of EWF in the Reign of Berneel Arashagern, and oppressed our erudite schools. They and People of Vrimakus has always been rival.

*Who is our God?

 Buserian is a son of Yelm and the wisest god of One Hundred in Gods Wall except sacred Dayzatar and Yelm, but the two they were too high beyond to reach their wisdom for us ordinaries, but Buserian taught us how we can see the Celestial World while Lightfore conquers vile Netta in the night sky in Starlight Age. We maintained this art since that time.

 We can watch the sky as an Ideal World because its inhabitants are noblest in this world, people who lived well went to it in afterlife. But it also connected to Mundane World, because you can see the change when Great Cataclysm struck over the surface, of course its change is much less weak than our world. So we can always see what truly occurs to Mundane World without deceived by Raibanthian sweet Propagandas or threat of Barbarians, sometimes we can watch Future through the omen of Celestian, we call this art astrology.

 Thilla has been the goddess of Fertility of this city since Jenarong Era, So commoners and clients outside of our city revere her. Anaxial and Herustana was the city founder couple and we sometimes call him "Yuthu" simply as "God". And our city leaders have been called "Captain of the Ark" since the Flood.

 We revere some parts of Yelm, but didn't about other parts. About Antirius, we don't revere him as Rabanthians do. They believe Antirius holds Absolute Justice, we don't believe it. We revere him as only Guardian of Emperor and Footstool, Guardian of Anaxial Dynasty. We can say same words about Bijiif, which Alkothian greatly stress. Many of our Nobles worship Vrimakus, Eye in the Sky. We know sometimes Souls form themselves in bird shape, and Yelm's Soul is also Bird Shape which obedient to his elder brother, Dayzatar. We never revere the parts of Kazkurtum and Berneel Arashagern, because they are Gods of Enemies.

 We revere Anaxial though his star was lost long ago, and his attribute as Sailor and Lokarnos Cult have closely related since Anaxial Dynasty, We don't worship Arraz with Sacrifice, and Deneroni only know how to call on Fire Spirits.

 Priestesses of Erissa and Ourania are revered as manhood Gods exceptionally in the Yuthuppan City Wall, because they abandoned woman pollution by great sacrifice. And we should think their existence as our God's test. They taught us how mistake should be fixed.

 Red Goddess calls herself as Granddaughter of Dayzatar. It is impossible because Dayzatar has no daughter except Ourania, and his disciples cannot make any children. Anyway, Rufelza was called in Verithurusa in our Glorious Reascent of Yelm which based on our Yuthuppan Copper Ledger. Maybe she is also sister of Shargash, or not. It's not our concern as far as they know their place and don't try to intrude our realm!

 Polaris is our main martial deity since Emperor Alenvus chose him and he took his role as grand commander in Darkness, he trains Traditional Dara Happan Phalanxes keeping on line, as he controls the rotation of Sky World. And even Yanafal Tarnils must show respect in the circle of Yuthuppa, our Star Captains were his teacher when the Duke studied the tactics before his exile. But some of other Dara Happan War Gods revered in Dara Happan Regiments.

 Hastatus=Avivath is such case, and he was a avatar who brought Khordavu Dynasty to us. We don't like Alkothian Shargashi because they are too brutal, but they are also traditional Dara Happan War God, so he should be tolerated, as far as they are obedient to Raibanthians and Antirius.

 Other Dara Happan and Pelorian gods are also revered and hold shrines inside our city wall, but not tolerated to build Large Temples.

*What do we do here?

 In Yuthuppa, cold weather prevents us from playing some southern sports, nobles enjoy playing Falconry in the northeast Aremina Forest, God Hyraos taught us how to play Harp, Chariot Race and traditional Zasturnic Game are also played and enjoyed by Yuthuppans. Though Lunars adopted it and changed it in many ways, you can see and will be upset how Lunars in Foreignlands changed and warped our Game.

Ouranekki is played as Stategy Game and Polaris Cult respects it, Ravenkaaz (Pelandanized) are foreignland game and some traditionalists don't like it. Arronius and Magnificus played it in Kitor and changed Greatly our imperial structure. Avoid it.

 Description of Yuthuppa
  Yuthuppa was surrounded by beautiful Lake (Tenochititlan before Cortes or Venetia) which connected to river Oslira, and magical mists over lake encircled the city and complicatedly refracting lights to heaven...and it worked as if watchers to sky can see through excellent telescope lens, there are foci for watching sky best and those are all the top of high Stargazer Towers. Carmanian Logicians denied the mystical explanation of natives about the clear sight of this city. But Dara Happan natives "know" this city better than ignorant westerners and this city is located magically to Divine Sky Realm or, more mystically, the Mystical Realm of Dayzatar. And they insist their towers seem shorter from outside than inside. So form inside of this city, cotizens cannot see outside of this city through mists...without climbing to one of famous watching towers.

 Center of Inner Circle of City set Highest Cathedral (E-Temen-Anki? in Babylon?) of Yuthuppa dedicated to Dayzatar, and it was not desecrated by most vile conquerors until Sheng Seleris ruled Peloria. It had survived long Kuzkurtum to Age of Tomastus, even Worst Jenarongs and Carmanians didn't try to defile this tower because they didn't try to risk the anger of inhabitants of this tower, but Sheng was exception. Before his arrival, some Risis (Hindu Term for Mystical Elders who hold Great Power by long ascetic practices) who had survived long age since immmemorable age lived there with great mystical power...but they seldom appeared before populace because that was not their concern. Last record when they appeared was when Jernotian Mystics visited this city of High Brightness in Karsdevanic Purge Age. The highest Tower was made from unknown material and with some alienic beauty. (Some Mayanic Monolith?)

 Yuthuppa has never been fortified city and conquerors sacked it several times, this city has changed and the scenery of past age only survived in Buserium Paintings and writings. This is their way of thing, they always know how to return back to tradition, but they never know when they hold the power to do so. Attack of Sheng Seleris destroyed most beautiful scenery of this city, Cathedral. But roots of it remains after his attack and survived to modern 17C. College of Wisest Seer collected most metaphysical documents of Empire even in the rise of Glamour University.

 Hill of Herustana,

 Anaxial Ark?,

 Description of Raibanth
Capital of Dara Happa has long bothered, enjoyed and befriended the flow of Oslira as Murharzarm. Once The River drowned this city, and Raibanth became an Island. (See GROY) and the "Shaft" (See GROY, maybe it is similar to Castle Blue?) which appears for enthronement of Emperors seems to change its appearance and location by chance, several Dynasties insisted many different locations as their Ziggurat Construction and located to the Footstool of Murharzarm. They usually wanted to make their Ziggurats close to the location the Shaft appeared in their last Ten Test...

Five Hills (Roman and Constantinople Seven Hills?)

Persepolis: Great Statue of Gryphin, Glamour mimicked this city...

DARA HAPPAN REBELLION Got Inspiration from "Set and Horus" in Plutarch and fragments:

(Quote from sayings of Jannisor)

 Truth can be both absolute and relative, and neither of it. Antirian Judgement is terminal and beyond comprehension of human, but disobey to this final judgement means he is cast out from Murharzarm Empire. Truth is once Dayzatar's own...But think about the God which you call Yelmalio. This god also holds Truth Rune for the extreme trial in Hill of Gold...We can sympathize his Judgement because you can feel his agony while he made execution of guilties. Because you can feel the one who punish you also feel same agony in the Hill of Gold.

 Hero Quest of Death's Judgement is for making a solution of mistake such like the way of afterlife for a member of some community, or try to make a acceptable solution for people who want Justice rather than their own profit. Usually Judge in the center of Underworld was the Man who firstly Died (Havan Vor, Daka Fal or Murharzarm, Bijiif). But another gods can took this role, my god Jajagappa was always assistant of the Lord of Dead, people of Orlantio were ignorants who always try to become who is judged rather than judging his own. They call it "Lightbringer's Quest." (Belintar used Tessele as Judge)

 Jajagappa tries to induce many facts as much as possible for the Justice, (we cannot choose the Judge himself from participants because that limits the role of Judge unless he is very strong Hero for this Quest. ) Yelem died because Orlantio tricked him to Underworld, so the world of earth became the gift of winner of Rivals. That is conflict between Life and Death, Eternal and Temporal, Straitline and Cyclical, and...Vanyoramet comes to Land of Dead with his master Antirius, but his rival ? also came in front of Judges and Juries. He became facelese and you must find which one by trick, or lawsuits or using the common nature of humanity, or sympathy which one was True Vanyoramet and ...Heliacal who died in the Hill of Gold.

 You must persuade jurors why Heliacal is true successor of Sun Empire and Orlantio is not. You must make a list of your focus' Bloodline for preparation as Heliacal revealed it before Land of Dead, because both are the kin of Ancient Gods, each sides may try to take oppotunity from their merits. your Defendant (Prosecutor) must try to become superior through Justice, not trickery which the people of Orlantio uses. (You lose Trust which is required for next trial.) Each of memories of him are checked by Gods, though he is not Dead.

 Last trial was the Truth of yourself, because the natures of gods who participates in your suit were in a sense, parts of yourselves and try to change or distort yourself to their immortality side, if you failed, you will lose your reason why you must win the case. And you must make an excuse and space for Losers (Orlantio) as much as you can because if you failed to do so, they will anger and return back to the hall of Dead, with their army by this turn.

 Gift was some temporal power as an Incarnation of Sun's Son. Like an Bow and Arrow which was used for shooting down Blue Moon by Lukarius. Of course the God (Shargash, etc..) who will gift to you must be invited to the place of Judgement as a Juror or Judge. Of course, simply Justice can be enough for the participants because the world itself may reknit the group through magic as in Cosmic Compromise. By contraries, Yelmalions who desperately need Allies for defending themselves also use this ritual, because they know they can gain power for us if they properly pay for it after they succeed this ritual.

 (This Hero Quest was invented for the Yelmalion role as a conciliator between Storm Barbarians and legitimacy Dara Happan Lords ignorant to each other, but you can arrange freely it to Kargzanite and Dara Happans, Trolls and Elves?, and it is also main example how two myths from other different cultures connect)

Hill of Gold / Alkoth = Gate of Hell (Where everything mix and are confused) / Library, World in the concrete Facts / Rivalry between Buserian and Shargash?

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #627