OT: Andrew Bean relocating

From: rexabean_at_ozemail.com.au
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 9:18:46 +1100

G'day all,

Sorry for the off-topic posting but I have corresponded and met many of you over the years at various conventions. You may remember my wife Barbara and daughters Imogen and Mara from the last Convulsions, mind you Imogen was still a bump in my wife ;-)

I want to let everyone know that I have been offered the position of:

Acting Academic Coordinator, RMIT Vietnam in HCMC for a trial 6 months with the possibility of extension to 12 months and then the sky is the limit.

They want me to start in less than 2 weeks (Dec 30th arrival) but the contract we have discussed is great and a significant promotion (not quite professor but maybe next time <grin>). Of course I have a hairdresser's appointment at 5pm Friday to lose my long hair and trim my shaggy beard into respectability but luckily my wife has a crush on the male star in James Cameron's Dark Angel so his hairdo should satisfy everybody and it is too hot in HCMC to want long hair anyway.

We will be arranging a 4-5 bedroom house as soon as possible so please come and visit. Especially if I have stayed at your place in the past (you all know who you are SFC and various Germans and Brits).

Cheers, Andrew
PS Please reply to my home address so we don't clog up the digest.