Re: The Glorantha Digest V8 #630

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 08:41:00 +0100

Peter L:

> 2. The cynical mystic upper class -- these are the guys who are
> leading the EWF at the end. I think this "wanting to be worshipped"
> stuff is theist propaganda -- I think they were using a sort of
> "pyramid scheme" to enhance their mystic attainment, in much the same
> way that the Kralori government is a largely mystic organization that
> rests on the efforts of a mostly non-mystic population (except, of
> course, that the Kralori system is "correct" or, at least, not
> exploitive enough to bring destruction down on them). In other words,
> the EWF leadership didn't want to be worshipped, but what they were
> doing was at least as bad.

The EWF need not have been cynic as in deliberately doing things in a corrupt way to increase personal power. As you wrote above things started with "draconic revelation", where the Kralorelans have aeons of experience and actual dragons as teachers of the draconic way. The EWF leaders very well could have thought they were doing everything the right way to liberate everyone's inner dragon.

Nils Weinander
A generation comes and a generation goes, but the earth remains the same forever -- Ecclesiastes 1:4

Do You Yahoo!?