Mystic worship

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 16:55:52 +0100

Peter L and Peter M:

> >I suspect that these "average Orlanthi" occasionally engaged
> >in rituals designed to empower the mystic upper classes/government,
> >but how this worked and how it would be described in a "4 worlds"
> >way, I don't know.
>
> Mystical entities can be worshipped (for example, see the Vithelan
> High Gods).

Whether they should be labelled mystical or transcendent may be semantics, but one of the points of the worship of the Vithelan high gods is that they don't really respond to "normal" theist worship. Proper worship of the high gods is the rites of Genderatha and Chaquandarath (the priest and priestess of the high gods), and is usually only known by the Vithelan gods.

It's important as Peter M points out though, that there is a "worship mode" for them too.

Nils Weinander
A generation comes and a generation goes, but the earth remains the same forever -- Ecclesiastes 1:4

Do You Yahoo!?