ShangHsa and Godunya

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 19:13:29 +0900

Though Revealed Mythologies hasn't arrived yet to my place, I cannot help writing some
careless statements.

Jerome:
>For what it's worth, maybe they wanted to check
>whether the chosen ones would be correctly reborn in the egg to >begin a
true
>Draconic Ascension. And perhaps the plan was successful: the >dead leaders
of
>the EWF are now dragonewts slowly climbing up the stages of >their life
cycle.
>They remember Dragonkill, when they participated in the Feast of >Victory.
I prefer your theory, but it may be contradict or out of thinking to "official" source. Most important fact is, we can never understand Dragonewts. We can only show approximation.

Peter Larcen:
>4. The Dragonewts -- Doing their own thing. It's important to
>remember that, while mysticism is the closest human approximation to
>draconic philosophies, the "pure draconic" experience is likely very
>different. Other non-human groups also benefited from the relative
>peace and openness of the period while advancing their own agendas.

I think Dragonewts in Gwandorling Saga is too much humane...(and other Nonhumans,
why can Cragspider and Isidilian support same person...I think someday Argrath may fight his patron, Firewitch.)

>Obduren the Flyer is
>the only one I know for sure actually reached the ultimate goal of
>escape from the transient world), so I assume their draconic
>knowledge was flawed in some way compared to that of Kralorela.

Even Ingolf could barely reach Capertine "Reincarnation to another Body". Did he reincarnate to Dragonewt or other Orlanth-Dragonfriendi Body in another age?

Nils Weinander:
>Whether they should be labelled mystical or transcendent
>may be semantics, but one of the points of the worship of
>the Vithelan high gods is that they don't really respond to
>"normal" theist worship. Proper worship of the high gods is
>the rites of Genderatha and Chaquandarath (the priest and
>priestess of the high gods), and is usually only known by
>the Vithelan gods.

I don't know about Dream Magic, Oren Parond and Avanapdur, but.....below is excerpt from Greg's writing. (Maybe already changed in RMs.)

>One day all the people of Vithela got together. They wanted to discuss
their common practices and share what they could with each other. That >was the way of things in those days because everyone knew the Old Language as well as their own.

>They spent a lot of time discussing Durapdur, the nonentity which had been
so vividly revealed to the world by Mashunasan. They hadn't liked >being destroyed and conquered by the demons, so they really wanted to make sure they were doing the right thing.

>They decided that most people weren't powerful or patient enough, or didn't
have enough free time, to meditate the way Mashunasan did. Instead, >they decided they would worship Durapdur the way they worshipped the other gods.

>They made songs and prayers, determined that only gentle sacrifices should
be made, and did their collective best to reach their god, Avanapdur.

I remember Dream Magic is a sort or version of Spirit Magic in Tales #17, (maybe it is like Lunar Magic similar to Spirit (Basic) Magic in RQ3, and gregged.)
 but in this context, it seems Avanapdur was the aspect of Durapdur which gained Sacrificial worship.
 Nils, do you develop more about it...?

Peter Metcalph:
>> Nils is probably the person to answer this, but Vith refuses
>>worship (How Vith Pacified the Antigods).

>I didn't say Vith, I said the Vithelan High Gods and they are
>worshipped (cf the second part of the sacrifices list in
>Revealed Mythologies p54).

Peter Metcalph:

>Considering that the EWF had instruction from Godunya, I don't
>see how the EWF can be said to have missed the plot entirely.
>They met their end through being stabbed in the back by their
>supposed allies and not through an intrinsic flaw of their
>philosophy.

Shang Hsa = MaoTzen also came to EWF as Godunya and worked for Hemkarba in the name of "Jerem". I don't think Godunya's influence to EWF was great. Shang Hsa was not "corrupted" in the land of Hemkarba, yet.

IIRC,
In Genertela Box of Avalonhill, Five Representatives from Five Cities ruled Kralorela as New Dragon Ring.
Shang Hsa perhaps ruled Kralorela with more urbanized style than other Dragon Emperors.

Recently, I have read about Esoteric Buddhism, and its influence to Tibet and Japan. And I try to understand how system of Dalai Lamas started.

In Japan, there is also a Buddhism Sect which stresses Esotericism.

I want to know more about Imperial Lunar Handbook and other Lunar Books. I don't know well about the future publication change. I know Greg Stafford wrote many about DH in his Lunar Novels (some of portions revealed in Fanzines and Hero, Runemaster and Initiate Site.) http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~BLUEMAGI/SimcityDaraHappa.htm

Another writing is about Arkat, his profile like a movie star....lowbrow writing show..
http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~BLUEMAGI/WorshipofArkat-e.htm

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #635