Re: Godunya and the EWF

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 03:09:31 EST

I should note that I am pretty much in agreement with Peter on this, except that I would rather it wasn't as clear cut as I feel he is implying:

<< from Revealed Mythologies:
>"Once the rulers of Hemkarba learned of this, and heard what he was saying,
>they tried to kill him,..."

I agree again, that following his teachings the Collective could have become an Empire following some, (if not all) of Godunya' s teachings; probably including some sort of "Dragon Emperor" role, following the Kralorelan model. We certainly do not have an Imperial Dragon idea originating from the Heortling peoples of Dragon Pass (IMO). There is room for Godunya to have been misinterpreted (ie the EWF got a Not-so-Splendid Empire). Probably coincidence but the False Dragon Ring may have had Five Cities but the Grand Dragon's intellect was going to be made up of Five cults from the cites of Dara Happa.

I am sure Godunya's teaching could have been retro-fitted to suit whoever actually won or lost the schism of 826 (as it suited them).

Keith Nellist

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #636