Reintarnation.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 14:51:55 GMT

Peter Larsen:
> I don't think so -- Ingolf died a failure (although not a
> particularly bad one). Reincarnation to continue the path isn't really a
> failure, just a delay.

Are you saying he failed in such a way that subsequent progress was impossible, or that he died believing he'd failed, regardless of his actual next-life prospects, or what?

Certainly someone with a Heortling cultural background, "youfed" or not, would be less predisposed to think in these terms than someone from the East; it'd be fair enough to say that much, at least.

Cheers,
Alex.