Ingolf

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 12:09:08 +1300

Alex Ferguson:

>PL> I don't think so -- Ingolf died a failure (although not a
> > particularly bad one). Reincarnation to continue the path isn't really a
> > failure, just a delay.

>Are you saying he failed in such a way that subsequent progress was
>impossible, or that he died believing he'd failed, regardless of his
>actual next-life prospects, or what?

He died knowing that he failed (using up all but one of his draconic powers is not particularly enlightening) and at the same time was relieved to find out that his failure was not complete. Kapertine is a draconic hell but not the worst.

>Certainly someone with a Heortling cultural background, "youfed" or
>not, would be less predisposed to think in these terms than someone
>from the East; it'd be fair enough to say that much, at least.

Whatever Ingolf believed was going to happen to him, reincarnation is a dragonewt philosophy and would be a perfectly normal for a EWF bigwig to believe in. Secondly Ingolf isn't a Heortling.