Re: Annexion

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 14:25:45 -0800

Herve asked

> What situation could lead to the annexion of a stretch
> of land owned by a neighbouring clan (in Sartar) ?

This is a possible goal in battle in the computer game King of Dragon Pass, but it's pretty much the least likely to succeed. You not only have to drive the enemy clan far enough away, you have to set new boundary stones and propitiate the offended spirits of the land. It's much easier to just drive off some cattle, or even take some prisoners for ransom

It's happened historically -- the Orlevings still live in the Varmandi clan's original valley. I think this gives a clue as to the likely situation -- a really nasty feud. - --

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_pensee.com> Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein