queen of Holay

From: Bwbfc_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 12:33:32 EST

Terra Incognita:
> I don't know how much Today's religious attitude of Lunar
> Authority goes between Mascline and Feminine. Holay
> Province is known for topped by Queens.

A mix of "Vinga" (Red Woman) and Hwarin Dalthippa, IMO. Glorantha: Intro suggests that the queen is an "incarnation" of the Red Woman, so she might be worshipped as such throughout the kingdom.

Sairdite Red Women most probably date back to the Dragonkill, when there weren't many male warriors left in Saird, so the Red Women defended the land against bandits, desperados and other uz. Queenship in Holay probably came later, though i don't know when, but I think the Queen is still assisted by her council of warlike earth women.

Originally she probably traced back her lineage to a daughter of Vingkot, but I wouldn't be surprised if today she claimed to be of Hwarin Dalthippa's blood as well. Maybe the Red Women wear red masks and ride war unicorns (or just horses), like Hwarin Dalthippa did after her husband was killed.

Jerome

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #652