Re: The Age of Adventures

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 17:46:44 EST

In a message dated 17/01/02 21:06:00, you write:

<< So, does the 4th age have a descriptor? I assume the "Hero Wars"  describes the transition period between the 3rd and 4th ages, not the age  itself. There certainly were plenty of Heroes Warring in the Dawn and  Imperial Ages.

     Or is the character of the fourth age supposed to be determined through  play? >>

I would say that it is for the historians of the Fifth age to determine what the Fourth age is called. I suspect we might want to rename the modern age once we reach the fourth age. I think the Waiting Mouth has a scheme of her own, but suggestions for names for the "current" age might be The Moon Age, The Closed Age ('cos the Oceans are closed for most of it), The Lesser Storm Age ('cos after the disasters at the end of the Imperial Age it was like the mythic Storm Age, with lots of fighting and storm barbarians, ending in the rebirth of Chaos and an apocalyptic battle before the nice, peaceful (some hopes!) fourth age.

Keith Nellist