Unity Battle & I fought, we won.

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 12:43:19 +0900

> Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 17:21:06 +1300
> From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
> Subject: I Fought We Won and Temples
>
> Terra Incognita:
>
> >About Esrolia and Grazeland: In Silver Age, it seems these Areas were
> >occupied by unknown forces aside from Orlanthi, because in Uz Lore, "I
> >fought, we won" or Unity Battle occurred in the coast of Kethaela.
>
> The I Fought We Won is fought during the Great Darkness, not the
> Silver Age. Heort's victory in I Fought We Won inaugurates the
> Silver Age. Furthermore the Unity Battle is a separate battle from
> the I Fought We Won and occurs to the North of Dragon Pass.
>
> The unknown forces belongs to an army of chaos AFAIK.
>
> >And construct of Modern 17 C, like Temple of Wild (in Beast Valley) or
> >Shaker's Temple (Kero Fin). How these "primitive" monuments survived in
> >First Age and Populous EWF Age?
>
> The Wild Temple was constructed by the Beast People on the ruins
> of the EWF. The Shaker's Temple survived because people throughout
> history had better things to do than to pick a fight with the Temple.
>
> - --Peter Metcalfe

<<Storm Tribe p. 150 Silver Age
(Heort)
(snip) He underwent the I fought We won battle and personally resisted Chaos.

(Heort and his supporters, friends)
(snip) They destroyed the last Chaos army at the famous Unity Battle, and only
small pieces and fragments survived in their land.>>

In this context, it seems that "I fought We won" preceded Unity Battle though in
the Uz Lore, the reverse was true. If I precisely grasp the equivalent of Japanese Translated Version Uz Lore.

(Please teach me the english words equivalents of eleven Troll Battle against Chaos in Uz Lore...I don't know them precisely yet...If I don't wrong about it, Battle No.4 is Unity Battle, Battle No.11 is "I fought, we won.")

Wyrm's Footprint p. 75 The World of Time

<<History in Glorantha is the sum of events occurring since Time began. Mythical events prior to Time were non-sequential and simultaneous actions happening without the benefit of orderly lineal time. (snip)>>

Greg loves to write about Heortling Myth. On the contrary, Jeff likes to write about Legend of them, and Heortling always insists "There was a change in the Cosmic Compromise." Greg told how Gods and Humans walking together in God Age, but Jeff wrote about "How LBQ was invented by the Bloodline of Berenethtelli, can there be any solution?

Anyway, below is my humble idea about Heort's age, when CC occurred...

Last Loyal Betrayal - Orlanth entered Dusk Gate Hidden Kings Saga - Unity Battle?
I fought, we won. - Eurmal betrayed Orlanth Jarani's Staff - Unity Battle? - Orlanth found his Inner Spark Heort enthroned as Highking - Arachne Solara ate Kajabor Heort's peaceful reign - Silver Age - Return of Orlanth

TI
inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp

P. S.
I wrote the Making of Kingdom tale, very similar to Mabinogion Kilwich and Olwen..
http://www.bulfinch.org/tales/welcome.html (Maybe my preference moves backward to older setting and too more Irish Celtic than Icelandic KODP and Barbarian Adventures.)