Re: I had a dream...

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 11:47:52 +0000

> A couple nights ago, I dreamed that I was at a Gloranthan gaming
> convention. I was trying to get together people for a pick-up game, but
> they all wanted to play in the officially scheduled game, whose description
> was something like "the babes are all gone" ("babe" meaning attractive
> women in this context). I was secretly pleased, because I had written that
> description as a clever take on some well-known event described in King of
> Sartar.
>
> So does anyone remember this event? Has a clan lost all of its women?

I can think of two events of this type off-hand, but I'm not sure either fits.

  1. The Nandan myth: this is why the Birthing Man was created. But that wasn't KoS.
  2. At some point in the Argrath Saga (towards the end of the taking of Pavis, I think), all his women were turned into succubi. Or something. I don't have KoS with me in work, so can't be sure of the reference, but as I remember, it was a very unreliable source. To turn this into a *clan* losing all its women, that would be either the Karandoli in Pavis (formerly of Sartar), or whichever Praxian clan Argrath White Bull belonged to, presumably.