The Heortling Stead Project

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_primus.com.au>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 20:35:55 -0800

First up, congrats and thanks to Graham for the new-look Digest!

The Heortling Stead Project

Yip, we're gonna build us a stead. All we need is 'a great tree, a strong god, and a bloodline for a day'.

Arising out of discussions on the Hero Wars mailing list, a group of tribesfolk are joining forces to map out and describe a number of typical Heortling steads for use as Hero Wars campaign resources. The project will describe a number of distinct stead types, and by successive increments map their buildings and landmarks, describe the clan ring, wyters, stead locale and resources, and provide descriptions and game stats for significant inhabitants. References will be for the most part generic - "the city", "the river", "the rival clan", to allow for campaign customisation. The resulting stead templates will be made available on the web.

There is a home page for the project at : http://home.iprimus.com.au/pipnjim/questlines/stead.html

We are using a Yahoo Groups mailing list called The Heortling Stead Project to coordinate and plan our efforts: