List policies.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 18:10:57 GMT

Julian Lord:
> I fail to see that certain types of eminently GD-type discussions of Glorantha
> are even * possible * without an element of "criticism of Hero Wars products
> and their content".

But that's not the context of your original remarks. Graham did not unilaterally declare that discussion of HW products (negative or otherwise) was banned from the GD. Rather he responded to the apparent implication that a thread that had been going along merrily on herowars should suddenly become "more appropriate" to the GD on no other basis than it having become too "negative". That division would make no sense in terms of the Digest's declared purpose, the hw lists's declared purpose, or indeed any logical overall scheme for the three lists, and seems to me to be motivated by purely ad hoc considerations. If Herowars wants to be "the Official HW list", it should take the rough with the smooth, and not try to offload its problems elsewhere. If it wants to be "the newbie friendly list", then why does it regularly and apparently happily entertain lengthy threads on what could only be described as Gloranthan esoterica?

Cheers,
Alex.