WTF is w/ all these acronyms?

From: Mike Dawson <mdawson_at_mac.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 09:44:25 -0500

Hi there.

On Tuesday, March 12, 2002, at 05:49 AM, a digest writer wrote:

 > GDiD is getting old

and

> Correct. NDA & HPGisms. And IIRC RQ Dailies passim.

I'm immodest enough to think that I read at about the 20th grade level, and have a more than passing understanding of Glorantha and its source works. But when the acronyms get this thick, even if I CAN understand what' s under discussion, it's painful to read.

And I confess that I can't figure out what "GDiD" "NDA" or "HPGism" means.   I know that IIRC means "If I Recall Correctly, but I can't help but read it as IInternet Relay Chat. And "NDA" means Non-Disclosure Agreement where I come from. "GDiD" sounds like a noise a cliff toad makes after he eats your divine companion.

Maybe I could decode these if I took the time to read back through a couple of threads worth of posts, but I have more fun things to do with my hobby.

I pity the poor non-native english speakers trying to read this. And the poor newbie enthused about Hero Wars and trying to use the Digest for info and ideas. (Yes, I realize the latter is not the purpose of the digest.)

The writer quoted isn't the only one doing this. That's why I post this comment, rather than send it directly to the quoted fellow.

Please check your work for readability.

Thanks.

Mike

Mike Dawson mdawson_at_mac.com http://homepage.mac.com/mdawson "Granted it was mildly amusing. But I gotta tell you my 3rd eye didn't open." -- Nelson (Keanu Reeves,) Sweet November