Re: Lunar magical practices

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 16:39:12 +0100

Alex & Peter M:

> >(Then again, there are these new-fangled lunars; are their
> >"adorational" cults just like Heortling emulation? Or something else
> >again? I'd be inclined to suspect the latter, but I have little notion
> >what the official position is here.)
>
> Adoration is a shamanic practice of integrating yourself into
> a Great Spirit. The "new-fangled" lunars are devotational in
> practice.

According to the section about animism in the Pamaltela chapter of Revealed Mythologies, Adoration is also found in the Lunar Empire, common in the East Isles and possibly the basic way that Heortlings deal with deities, so it seems it is usable in more contexts than pure animism.

Nils Weinander
A generation comes and a generation goes, but the earth remains the same forever -- Ecclesiastes 1:4

Do You Yahoo!?