Tentacles News Post March!

From: Fabian Kuechler <fabian.kuechler_at_gestaltung.uni-weimar.de>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 22:05:29 +0200

TENTACLES NEWS POST
Volume 3, Number 3, March 2002

~~ S l u r p F o l k s ! ~~

Welcome to the March Tentacles News Post, featuring all the latest Tentacles news and views. Feel free to forward this newsletter to friends, allies and sworn enemies. If you do not want to receive this newsletter or have a new email address please send notification to: fabian_at_tentacles-convention.de

H a p p y E a s t e r !

Today is the 31st March. We are almost booked solid and the programme is soon going to be set in stone.

We encourage all of you to sign up for Home of the Bold! We need every player we can get in order to get this 80 player Glorantha FreeForm running. So please sign up - it is worth the effort, even if you have already played it.

Sign up here:
http://www.tentacles-convention.de/hotb.html

If you just want to drink beer instead - go ahead! Here is the rest of

the news...

~ T e n t a c l e s o f H o n o u r ~

S t a f f o r d, Greg
Greg is a nice guy and the creator of Glorantha. He is President of Issaries Inc. the publisher of the epic Glorantha rpg Hero Wars! We hope he brings a dose of his own coffee... he will need it. Greg will tell us what is the difference between Hero Wars and HeroQuest...

W h i t a k e r, Lawrence
Loz is an Eternal Champion and beloved guest of Tentacles. Loz has written a fresh Stormbringer scenario that he will run for us and will probably also read some of his works if we ply him with enough drinks.

B r a y, Simon
Simon is artist, author and editor of far too many Glorantha stuff (if you ask his wife) but we are honoured to feature him for the first

time as a Tentacle of Honour. Simon wrote a hot Hero Wars Episode he will run for us...

~ T e n t a c l e d G u e s t s ~

R i c h a r d, Jeff
Jeff is a knowledgeable scholar of Glorantha and the Orlanthi in particular. He is one of the authors of "Fall of the House of Malan", "Orkarlīs Bull", Enclosure, and is rumored to GM a First Age Gloranthan
Campaign.

~ F r e e F o r m Ga m e s ~

Here are the scheduled FreeForm games of Tentacles 2002. You'll need to sign up in order to play in any of these games.

H o m e o f t h e B o l d
by David Hall and Kevin Jacklin

1624 ST. The all-conquering Lunar Empire occupies the frontier city of Boldhome, capital of the defeated Kingdom of Sartar. Lunar soldiers swagger though its streets and rapacious Tax Collectors plague the population.

Meanwhile the oppressed people of Sartar eagerly await the prophesized

liberator who will free them. Is this their year of liberation?

But, can the Lunars ever be defeated? Can Prince Temertain light the Flame of Sartar? Is it true that they're going to tax the beer? Who is

the murderer at loose on the streets? Who has an invitation for the Prince's garden party? And just how difficult can it be to get someone to mend a hole in the roof of the Healer's Temple? Some - if not all - of these questions are in the hands of the players of Home of the Bold.

Home of the Bold is a freeform game for 80 players that takes around ten hours to play. You don't have to know much about Glorantha or have

a degree in improvisational acting theory in order to enjoy the game. The rules are simple and will be explained beforehand. All the game components will be provided, right down to the authentic Lunar coins. To help you get your bearings we will also provide a background book, The
Rough Guide to Boldhome, which gives a tourist's-eye insight into the places and people of interest - as well as some recent history.

So sign up now and help create some Gloranthan history!

D a t a: 80 Players / Glorantha

T i m i n g: Sunday 11.00 - 22.00

C l a s h e s: none yet

~ ~ ~

Please sign up here online:

http://www.tentacles-convention.de/hotb.html

There will be a 5,- Euro charge for this game to cover production costs. The money will be collected shortly before the game.

T h e C o u n t ī s A u c t i o n
by Gunnar Kotsch and Carsten Sassenberg

Who are all these strange guests? What is their true agenda and are those obviously ridiculous names real? Is it really true that an awful

monster from the river has appeared near the castle - green with blue spots, wet and driven from the river Rhine? Does the man with the white face speak the truth or is he, like many others, near insanity? Can you dare to face these evils without going crazy yourself?

A thrilling Cthulhu-Live game for 25 characters set in and around Castle Stahleck. It takes place in the 1920s. No wandering off. No hands in pockets. The plot won`t bore you!

Be around when the Count of Selbstverstaendlich starts his auction and acquire items which are doubtless of interest. But beware: horror is close behind you and it will be hard to hold on to your sanity.

D a t a: 25 Players / Cthulhu

T i m i n g: Saturday 11.00 - 22.00

C l a s h e s: none yet

~ ~ ~

Sign up by sending an email to:
gunnarderstarke_at_web.de

There will be a 3,- Euro charge for this game to cover production costs. The money will be collected shortly before the game.

T h e K i n g s F u n e r a l
by Ingo Tschinke

The King is dead, long live the king? Last night the King of Kustria, King of the Tournaments, was killed by a heretic from the north, sent by the enemies of our beloved country.

His son, Janus de Chevalier, claims to be the one and only heir to the

throne. But by Kustrian law the king has to be elected by the earls and barons of Kustria. Normally this is a traditional affair that goes

smoothly, but not this time...

D a t a: 23 Players / Glorantha

T i m i n g: Saturday Afternoon

C l a s h e s: The Countīs Auction

~ P r e - s c h e d u l e d G a m e s ~

Here are the pre-scheduled author games of Tentacles 2002 so far...

T h e H o u s e o f B l a d e s
a Hero Wars Game for 4 players
by Simon Bray

 'Haradim Dethara must die, and die tonight!' Lord Sarmadon looked nervous. Sweat gleamed upon his pallid bald head - he wiped it with a silk
kerchief, smudging the ash that decorated his cheeks. Before him stood the four
Dart Warriors, bristling with artefacts of death. He knew that one day they
may come for him, but tonight they were his to command.

 'Do you have the documents?' asked the woman warrior.

At first Sarmadon looked blankly, then the Buserian at his side nodded and gestured to the scroll case.  'Oh yes!' He fumbled amongst the papers. 'Everything is here: the contracts, the permits, the license....' His fingers slithered over the
documents.

 'And the money I hope,' snarled the black-robed murderer with the red hair. He cracked his knuckles loudly as he glared at the noble slime before
him.

 'Yes! Yes! The money. It is all here, don't worry - you can always trust my
word.' Sarmadon's handmaid now took over the duty of mopping his sweating
brow. 'I never trust anyone who would hire a man like me, but be assured that
Fjordaur shall bless your financial sacrifice!'

The murderer snatched the scroll case and money bag, and then the four

Dart Warriors left, moving swiftly towards their prey with deadly intent....

D a t a: A Hero Wars Game for 4 players. This game information and Keywords from the as yet unpublished Imperial Lunar Handbook, used with permission from Issaries Inc.

T i m i n g: see Game Board

C l a s h e s: see Game Board

H o m e B y t h e S e a
a Stormbringer scenario for 6 adventurous souls by Lawrence Whitaker

 'An ancient terror stalks a quiet fjord in far-flung Tarkesh. The blood of
the innocent mingles with the blood of the guilty and there, brooding above
these grim times, is Sleane Manse, home, once, to a sorcerer clan of Melnibone. Battered by blood-drenched oceans. A home by the sea.'

D a t a: This six-player Stormbringer scenario tips the characters into the
heart of something rotten in sleeping Tarkesh. Beowulf meets Resident Evil with a twist of lime and a splash of soda...

T i m i n g: see Game Board

C l a s h e s: see Game Board

 ~ Y o u r G a m e ~

If you want to host a game or would like to volunteer as a referee in one of our pre-scheduled games please send me a note with a short description of the game you would like to run or state the pre-scheduled
game you want to support.

fabian_at_tentacles-convention.de

~ G e n e r a l I n f o r m a t i o n ~

Tentacles 2002
Hero Wars, Elric! and Cthulhu Game Fest
17th-20th May 2002
Castle Stahleck, Germany

http://www.Tentacles-Convention.de

The Convention will open its doors Friday around 16.00 and end around 11.00 on Monday.

~ A u c t i o n ~

As every year we give you the chance to get rid of some pieces of your rpg collection and support Tentacles with it.

So far we have collected:

Help to expand this list!

! ! !
Send a list of your auction items to:
fabian_at_tentacles-convention.de

~T r a v e l H i n t s ~

If you are flying in to Tentacles from abroad, make sure to check out our travel hints:

http://www.tentacles-convention.de/source.htm

~D o u s a f a v o u r~

Some of you have multiple email addresses on our mailout list. Please let us know which of them can be removed. If you get a new email address please notify us.

~N e w E m a i l~

Make sure you send all mail to:

fabian_at_tentacles-convention.de

Watch out for the next Tentacles News 2002 in A p r i l !

yours

Fabian

--
~Tentacles Convention~