Re: Malia

From: Christoph Kohring <ChOK_at_Free-Market.Net>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 15:07:32 +0200

> From: "Davison Nick" <N.A.P.Davison_at_greenwich.ac.uk>
> To: glorantha_at_rpglist.org
> Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 11:13:06 GMT
> Subject: Malia
>=20

> Received a recent e-mail (via an education news group that I belong
> to) from a Malia Brown.

>=20
> Great name, eh?

Poor girl... don't tell her! ;o)

Maybe everybody's favorite disease goddess/great spirit is named after someone against whom Greg had a grudge ?!? Ex-girlfriend? Former boss or teacher? Landlady? Who knows...

Omni rumoures [sic] sunt veritates.

On a more serious & on topic note, nowadays in HW-Glorantha (HQ-Glorantha!?!) is Malia a defiant entity? A great spirit for the Praxian= s
& a goddess for the Heortlings? What about Orlanthi further up north, do they also know her? Are there sorcerous diseases as well as divine ones in Glo' (according to AR: CotHW p.224 diseases seem to be only spiritual)? Are there any other known disease deities elsewhere, for ex. in the Lunar Empire?

Mens insana in corpore sano, ;o)

Christoph
--=20
Christoph Kohring
Route de St-L=E9gier 73
CH-1806 St-L=E9gier
Suisse-Schweiz-Svizzera-Switzerland
Mobile: +41'78'662'99'21

Government is a disease, liberty its only cure.

http://www.proLibertate.org http://www.isil.org

End of Glorantha Digest