The Footstool.

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 19:40:11 +1200

Terra Incognita:

> >Well since [the Footstool]'s in the shape of a pyramid,
> >[Sheng's destruction of] it is always going to be very
> >difficult. So I'm comfortable with the notion of it
> >surviving in ruins.

>In Revealed Mythology Sheng Seleris mustered a navy and
>tried to invade Vormain and Teshnos during his short
>reign 75 years

Revealed Mythologies is wrong. Sheng Seleris couldn't take Vormain because the Oceans were closed. The Emperor who actually tried to invade Vormain was ShangHsa may-his-name- be-cursed. Sheng Seleris invaded Teshnos from the north and didn't need a navy at all.

So the fact that Revealed Mythologies makes a booboo about Sheng adds little to my point about it being difficult to destroy a pyramid.

> >Again it would have been noted. Instead we are told that
> >Sheng Seleris placed the Empty Emperor on the Footstool
> >(FS p63) and later his brother attempted the ten tests.

>I think the authors and editors of FS and GROY deleted the fact
>"that shouldn't be occurred". (What a blasphemy! Our Footstool
>has survived since Murharzarm!)

Why? The entire life of Sheng is one whole thing that shouldn't have occurred. But it's mentioned nevertheless because it did happened.

>And one time, IIRC, people of Darjiin tried to make their own
>Ziggurat (GROY p.30) for backing up their own Emperor in the
>reign of Manarlavus. And Spolite also kept their own pyramids
>for their own purpose and seems to try to use it for the same
>purpose in the FS p.97.

Which are not ignored in any way by the Dara Happan histories. So how does this show that the histories must have covered up the destruction of the Footstool?

>So I think in the God Age Dara Happans easily could create and
>destroy their pyramids.

I see nothing about Dara Happans easily making and destroying their pyramids. All the events of construction is presented as an act involving huge labor.

>As Greg mentioned, Murharzarm is no human as ancient Vingkotling,
>and if the Footstool was truly his, maybe it is too small for find himself
>inside.

The Footstool isn't a tomb as the Dara Happan emperors are cremated.

--Peter Metcalfe