Re: Glorantha digest, Vol 9 #49 - 3 msgs

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 22:35:16 +0100 (BST)

"TERRA INCOGNITA":
> Another sense, Greg induced many Oriental and Indian Source to these city
> states, as Babylonians there are many Ziggurats and Clay-brick buildings for
> older scheme, I don't know how emperors treat these cities and outside areas
> fairly. It seems that Babylonian great kings were limited to their own birth
> city and controlled (conquered) other city states as Lukarius did. But in
> latter day, Emperors have appointed Overseers to each cities, (he appointed
> Overseer of Raibanth itself at least in Anaxial Era.) It suggests something.

I saw a documentary on Ur the other day that had a computer-generated reconstruction of what the city would look like. A city built of sun-dried bricks between two arms of a great river amidst a series of channels and reed huts. I immediately thought that's what a Dara Happan city should look like.

See Ya

Simon

Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts http://uk.my.yahoo.com