Very Rough Map of Raibanth (Sigh)

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 19:29:25 +0900

The Map of below is my first attempt to grasp the most Historical City of Glorantha since Golden Age. I have a plan to replace it if I can do good work for it. In fact, it is very bad scribbling for this great task, I'm very bad mapper and illustrator, I should not expect good mapper like Steve Lieb help me and try to make good work for it. And I will change freely if some portions of them seem inappropriate.

Raibanth
I agree it is sarcastic that the Center of Empire, is not circular or symmetric as other two cities of tripolis, I think in the Ancient Day of Raibanth, certainly it was circular and entirely symmetric as the Inner City Ring of Baghdad (I remember they didn't maintain it long...), IMHO but it has
been destroyed, fixed for materialistic or practical neediness rather than religious and cultural adherence in the long history of Dara Happa. I think the width of River is much shorter than that of modern day.

For considering about this city, most difficult thing is the width of Oslira. I know many rivers go across the inside of walls of a fortified city, as Babylon or Constantinople, Rome or Paris, etc...But for Raibanth, in the map of Martin and Wesley taught us the River width beyond 3miles, and the river shore of west and east, seems to have jointly same system for management and defense for the community. GROY and FS are useless for supposing the system of the city....only symbolic explanation with Runic Symbol and it didn't teach where Raibanth was located (west or east) in the mystical age. (I think the River of East explained they were near of the direction of Sunrise.)

There is three choices:
a) Raibanth is located over the River as a island of the River (In GROY, there was such case in the past, but after that, the river subsided.) b) The two parts of the city have worked independently and defended their own communities, and made circular city walls independently. c) Raibanthians magically connected the two city parts (magical bridge, magical ship and fortification, etc...) and didn't find difficulty which RW people cannot to save their property and life by that way. d) They tried to return Old Way, but always have failed under the Shadow of Kazkurtum.

I chose d) , maybe they used the River for defense. I used the image of Constantinople and Persepolis for mere personal preference.

I don't add Lunar Temples or other facilities for modern Lunar Culture intentionally such as Public Bathes and Arenas. I think most of them can be seen in the Dayzatar Quarter, but I don't think it should be listed here for neediness.

Raibanth
http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~BLUEMAGI/SimcityDHRaibanth.htm Map of All Raibanth, Inside of Old City
http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~BLUEMAGI/SimcityDHHistoricalMaps.htm#Raibanth

TI