Otherworlds, schmotherworlds.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 16:31:06 +0100 (BST)

Der Greg:
> I sense also a misunderstanding of the Otherworlds. Disease spirits are
> NEVER found in the God World or the Sorcery Planes. (Orlanthi "never"
> there.)

It didn't sound too likely to me either, on the face of it, just wanted to draw out the line of thought on the "reasoning from the rules" thread.

> The Otherworlds are separate worlds, without overlap or
> interconnections (that is a very important point,by the way: there are NO
> ways to go from one Otherworld directly to another one (And I mean 100%
> NONE). The only way is to go through the human Middle World. The Middle
> world of humans is the place where the overlap occurs.

Isn't there a large defiant fly in the ointment here? To say that defiant entities or domains aren't "overlaps" or "interconnections" sounds like fairly fine semantics to me, if they "partake of" the transcendent essence (small-e) of more than one "world". And isn't it possible, if one had the correct knowledge, to go from the God World, to the Eternal Battle (say), and thence to the Spirit World?

Cheers,
Alex.